The leading SQL interview coaching service to get a job at Google, Meta, Amazon, etc.
interview coaches available right now
Most successful candidates do multiple interview coaching sessions to get an offer at Google, Meta, Amazon, etc.
5 coaching sessions
3 coaching sessions
2 coaching sessions
4 coaching sessions
2 coaching sessions
1 coaching sessions
Stop the guesswork. Hire a SQL interview coach to streamline your preparation, and land multiple job offers.
100% satisfaction guarantee
If you aren’t satisfied with your SQL interview coaching session for any reason, get in touch with us within 24h and we’ll refund you.
How does the SQL interview coaching service work?
Step 1 - Purchase your coaching hours.
You can use your coaching hours with a single coach, or spread them across multiple coaches. All coaches have been vetted by our team. They have extensive interviewing experience and a passion for making others successful.
How many coaching hours would you like to purchase?
Step 2 - Schedule your hours with any coach.
For each coaching hour, pick a coach, and select a time in their calendar. Coaches only need 12h notice to be booked; you could start practicing as early as today.
Step 3 - Practice a mock interview for 45mins, and get feedback for 15mins.
Each coaching session lasts 1h. At the time of the session, you’ll login to a Zoom call to meet your coach. They’ll confirm the objectives of the session with you, give you a mock interview (45mins), followed by feedback (15mins). You’ll be in touch with your coach over email before and after the session so you can ask any questions you have.
Step 4 - Get an offer!
Interviewing is hard and there are usually lots of great candidates going for each role. Interview coaching is a small investment (e.g. ~$500) that can make a huge difference to your annual income (e.g. ~$200,000+) and career trajectory.
Get started with a free SQL interview guide
Browse other interview coaching services
Frequently asked questions
We recommend you take these steps to prepare for a SQL interview:
- Review basic SQL syntax, data types, and commands, as well as more advanced topics like joins, subqueries, and performance optimization. Make sure you understand SQL data modeling and normalization, as well as how to manipulate and query data.
- Practice SQL coding exercises on sites like HackerRank
- Research the company's database systems and familiarize yourself with their specific requirements
- Get familiar with SQL tools and technologies that the company may use, such as SQL Server Management Studio or Tableau
- Hire a SQL interview coach and practice answering SQL questions with them
There are several resources where you can practice SQL for an interview:
- Here at IGotAnOffer you can practice mock SQL interviews with an experienced coach who will give you valuable, actionable feedback
- Online SQL sandboxes that allow you to practice SQL commands and queries. Some popular options include SQLFiddle, SQLZoo, and DB-Fiddle.
- Codecademy offers a free SQL course that covers the basics of SQL syntax and querying. The course also includes practice exercises and quizzes.
- LeetCode and Hackerank offer coding challenges for various programming languages, including SQL. The SQL challenges on LeetCode range in difficulty, and they can help you prepare for more complex SQL interview questions.
- Kaggle: Kaggle is a website that hosts data science competitions, and many of the competitions involve working with SQL databases
If you have a good understanding of SQL syntax, data manipulation, and database design principles, and you've worked with SQL in your previous jobs or projects, you might find SQL interviews to be relatively straightforward. However, if you lack this experience then you may find SQL interviews to be more challenging. A session with one of our interview coaches can be a good way to gauge your level and understand exactly how much preparation you need to do.
You can hire a SQL interview coach on our platform from $119 per hour. This makes our platform easily one of the most affordable SQL interview coaching services around.
Working on your approach to answering typical SQL interview questions with an experienced interviewer can dramatically improve your interview performance, which makes it well worth it. A typical scenario on our platform is a candidate spending $500 on interview coaching, landing the offer, and enjoying a ~$30,000 increase in salary conditions as a result. That’s why one of our successful candidates described it as a “no-brainer”.
Yes, once you’ve purchased your coaching sessions you can schedule them with any coach on our team.
Yes, unused coaching sessions can be refunded within 60 days of getting purchased. After 60 days the sessions cannot be refunded anymore, but you can still use them at any point in the future.
If you do get a refund it will be corrected for the discount you initially got. As an example, imagine you have purchased 10 sessions, and paid 10 x $129 = $1,290. If you end up only using 5 sessions, we will refund you the difference between what you have paid ($1,290), and what you would have paid had you purchased 5 sessions (5 x $139 = $695). So in this specific example we would refund: $1,290 - $695 = $595.
You can request a refund for your unused sessions directly from the order tab in your account.
There is no time limit to use the coaching sessions. You can purchase them now and use them whenever you like.
Coaching sessions can be cancelled and rescheduled for free by giving us more than 24h notice. In other words, if you decide you don’t need the session anymore and tell us more than 24h in advance it will be eligible for a refund as an "unused" session. Or if you decided that you want to do the session at another time and tell us more than 24h in advance we will reschedule it for free.
If you fail to attend a coaching session, or are more than 15mins late, the session will be considered a "no show" and it will count as having been used.
If you aren’t satisfied with one of your coaching sessions for any reason, get in touch with us within 24h of the end of your session and you’ll be eligible for a refund. We refund up to 1 coaching session per user.
Join 590 active candidates getting coached right now.
Streamline your interview preparation. Learn what questions to expect, how to answer them, and get feedback you can apply immediately.