This role is part time and either remote or based in London. You would ideally be close to the European time zone and available to work 2 to 4h per day 5 days a week or more.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping customers have a great experience with us: from answering questions about our products to scheduling coaching sessions for them with our experts. If you’re excited to be employee #1 at a high-growth start-up and to work directly with our founding team, then read on.
IGotAnOffer is on a mission to improve social mobility worldwide. We believe the career opportunities you have access to should not be a function of who you know. They should be a function of how much effort you put in.
The first market we are cracking is management consulting jobs. We offer online courses and coaching to candidates applying for jobs with firms like McKinsey, BCG and Bain. Our success rate is 80% so far – the highest in our industry.
We are a bootstrapped, profitable business that’s growing at an extremely high pace (3x year on year). You’ll be employee #1 at the company and we are planning to continue growing the team over the coming months.
- Helping others succeed is your strong suit. You're excited to help people land their dream job. Whether it’s by answering their queries on live chat or by replying to emails with technical questions they have on the online courses they are following.
- You're empathetic to users and love exceeding their expectations. You realize that not everyone has the same skill set and you adjust your answers to questions accordingly. You delight customers by taking the time to craft a high quality, in-depth answer to their question.
- You don’t give up. Support at IGotAnOffer is different than at many companies. You’ll receive a wide variety of questions which will frequently involve immersing yourself in our products to find an answer. You love to solve new problems every day and won’t give up when you don’t know what the answer is right away.
- You are comfortable with basic maths. Part of our job is to support users who are preparing for maths and logic test (see more about that in the Application process). You enjoy finding new tricks to solve simple maths problems faster and you are able to communicate technical concepts clearly.
- You love to write. A lot of what we do at IGotAnOffer is done through written communication (both internally and with our customers). You love a well-crafted email and only press that send button when you know that what you’ve written is as clear as it can be. You speak and write perfect English.
- Doing things efficiently. The work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. You constantly look for opportunities to automate tasks and to improve processes.
Things you might do
IGotAnOffer is a small, fast-growing company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects. That said, here are some things you'll probably do:
- Help customers via email or chat to ensure they have a kickass experience, by troubleshooting the problems they have and answering their questions
- Write and update documentation to help users help themselves in the future
- Keep track of product issues coming up frequently so that they can be eliminated at source
- Schedule coaching sessions between our customers and our team of 10 expert coaches
- Help with preparing social media posts
- Experiment! This is a start-up so things can and will change quickly
Benefits: the whole package
- Location: Remote or London
If you want to work remotely that’s great. If you want to work near others that’s cool too. If you decide to work in London our office is at Huckletree in Shoreditch.
- Competitive salary: We don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less
- Holidays: 30 days a year (pro rata), plus bank holidays
- Profit sharing: We believe in our employees sharing in our success
We will ask you to answer the following questions in our application process. In addition, if you have any questions on the role, you should feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How did you hear about this role?
- Why are you excited to work at IGotAnOffer?
- A user requests a discount for one of our training programmes which is not on promotion at the moment. Compose an email reply to this user.
- A lot of our users prepare for a maths and logic test called the McKinsey PST. Here is a "Customer champion recruiting test" for you to complete. List your answers to the 5 questions and explain WHY you selected each answer like you would explain it to a user.
- Send us a link to the FAQ / help section of a website you think is particularly well executed. And explain why you think they are good.