We're building a diverse team and welcome applications from all backgrounds!
We are looking for someone who is passionate about writing high quality code and excited to help people land their dream job. If you want to be employee #8 at a high-growth (100%+ YoY), profitable bootstrapped start-up and to work directly with our founding team, then read on.
IGotAnOffer is a coaching interview platform that helps professionals get a job at top companies like Facebook, Google, McKinsey, BCG, etc. Our coaches are all ex-interviewers with first hand experience of what it takes to get an offer.
Since getting started, we’ve helped more than 2,500 candidates get a job in consulting, product management, technical program management, software engineering, etc.
You’ll be the third engineer on the team, so you'll have a really important role to play.
- You enjoy building new features. You’ll build new features from end to end independently. We expect you to spend ~60% of your time on the backend and ~40% on the frontend but have flexibility.
- Back end: Django and PostgresSQL. You ideally have 2+ years of experience using Python and SQL. If you don’t have that experience you can still apply as long as you have worked with other similar web frameworks (e.g. RoR, Laravel, etc.)
- Front end: HTML, CSS and Vue.js. Writing frontend code is not a chore, it’s something you enjoy doing day in and day out. You’ve ideally spent 1+ years building pixel perfect interfaces starting from a designer’s wireframe in Sketch, Figma, etc.
- You're empathetic to users. You’re interested in whether what you build will really make a difference for the user. You love keeping things simple and focusing on the features that will have the most impact first. You want to help IGotAnOffer users get the job they want.
- You’re a good communicator. You speak and write English fluently. You’re both comfortable with verbal communication on Zoom calls and written communication on Slack, email, etc.
Things you might do
IGotAnOffer is a small, fast-growing company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects. You'll be reporting directly to Patrik, our Lead Software Engineer and you’ll work alongside Dmytro.
Here are some of the projects you might work on when joining us:
- Build a new scheduling system for our coaches (i.e. Calendly-style app)
- Create new video rooms where coaches and candidates can meet
- Build new community features for our users
Benefits: the whole package
- Location: Remote. Our team is in the US, UK and Europe
- Competitive salary: $50k to $75k depending on location and experience
- Holidays: 30 days a year, plus bank holidays
- Equity: We believe in our employees sharing in our success
Our interview process is designed to discover if we would enjoy working together and if the role is a good fit for your career. We will be respectful of your time and let you know ASAP if we feel it's not a match.
- Step 1: Submit an application below
- Step 2: 30mins call with Max (CEO)
- Step 3: Take-home exercise: review and comment a code sample (1h)
- Step 4: 90mins final round with Patrik (Lead engineer) and Dmytro (Engineer)
- Step 5: You get an offer!
If you have any questions about the role, you should feel free to email us at email@example.com. Otherwise just click the link below to apply for the role.